Saturday 29 July 2017

Antique Fair and end of knitting tour

Last weekend was the annual Antique Fair in our village. Well, they have started calling it antique, vintage and retro, as much of the stuff was far from being antique.


The birch bark shoes on the table look brand new but the technique is old and the shoes are probably only used for interior decoration.


Some fishing gear from the 60's, glass fibre rods and modern reels.


Glass from the 50's to 70's is a popular theme among collectors. It looks like people are looking for things they used to have in their childhood home.


Old copper pots and pans, washboards for mother and daughter.


By the end of the Tour de France cycling race I finished the lace socks in this upside down picture,


and a pair in the bubble pattern in yellow and green.



A baby thrush was "hiding" on the lawn and only moved after I had taken this picture. The future berry thief looked quite endearing!



8 comments:

  1. It has been a long long time since I last visited your blog. Lots going on! I can hardly believe you already finished your log cabin top. Amazing and beautiful! And I love all the different types of socks you have knitted. Gorgeous crochet scarf!
    Wishing you a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to spend time at the Fair...
    Two beautiful pairs of socks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking around the fair looks like fun. I have done a small revamp in the kitchen aand could definately supply some old enamel ware pots. They are not going back. .The socks look lovely. The green ones remind me of cootamunda wattle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birch bark shoes look amazing. I love handmade. Fairs (antique, retro or otherwise) are fun to walk around. I always cringe when something from my childhood is labeled "antique." Makes me feel old. I think your future berry thief is sweet as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see you're still blogging..I've just gotten back into it. I would love to go to your flea market-thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a long long time since I last visited your blog. Lots going on!


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen birch bark shoes before, they look amazing. I love visiting Antique Fairs, there always so much to see, thanks for sharing! Beautiful pairs of socks, you're a professional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi